I am a young finance professional with a broad range of interests. I have a background both in STEM and in Accounting & Finance. I have two years and a half of experience in the banking industry and I passed the level III of the CFA in June 2017. I have a strong interest for computer programming and I am encouraging you to click on the links to the left of this screen for an overview of codes that I produced during my free time.
Over the past few years, I had the opportunity to experience various roles in the banking industry, spanning from risk management to M&A. I am keen to explore topics such as commodities, energy, interest rates, the financial sector and global macroeconomic variables. Whenever possible, I am using programming languages such as Python to explore data related to these issues.
I started learning programming by myself while in high school and I further developped my interest for IT during my studies in mechanical engineering. My interest for programming led me to learn Machine Learning and Neural Networks techniques and I use them from time to time in Kaggle competitions.
I enjoy multicultural environments and I had the chance to experience several countries. I am an active learner in Chinese (Mandarin) with the goal of passing the Level 3 of the HSK within the next few months.
My hobbies include reading, mostly technical books on various topics (philosophy, science, economics), chess (I have a small ELO on chess.com but I enjoy following tournaments) and Thai Boxing.
Coverage Analyst - Energy & Commodities
BNP Paribas New York
New York - USA
BNP Paribas is a leading global banking institution. I integrated the New York Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the bank in November 2017, after a six months internship in the Geneva based commodity trade finance team. I worked there as an Analyst with a French VIE status (18 months international graduate program).
During the 13 first months of my stay in New York, I worked within the Power & Utilities Coverage team. I was then drafted on a M&A mandate from December 2018 until the end of my VIE in April 2019.
Staffed on the first US utility M&A mandate of BNPP Paribas (buy-side advisory)
- Created the feature for variations of rate base, authorized ROE and distribution revenue requirement in the valuation model
- Performed horizontal and vertical analysis on the target and peer groups
- Provided regulatory advisory on local Public Utility Commission and Federal ratemaking (distribution and transmission) and took an active role in the Due Diligence process and Q&A submission to the Seller’s advisor
Analyzed and managed a credit portfolio of over 40 clients in the Power & Utilities sector totaling $9BN in authorization among Fortune 500 utilities, IPPs and top Tier developers (Exelon, AES, LS Power, etc.)
- Successfully obtained approval for $1.6BN commitments to corporate credit facilities of utilities and IPPs
- Drafted, presented and secured approval for the Resource Allocation Committee of Project Finance deals
Created and ran corporate finance and client return models
- Ran scenario/sensitivity analysis of debt capacity and leverage metrics for Rating Advisory and Hunting Licenses
- Modeled bank’s return for facility pricing and renewals for $3BN in successfully approved transaction
Coordinated pitches and responses to Requests for Proposal on more than 4.4GW of renewable projects in North America among the Project Finance, M&A, Tax Equity and Global Market teams
Jointly drafted five corporate acquisition Hunting License pitches totaling $12.7BN in potential commitments with the Power M&A and Acquisition Finance teams
- Researched project details, PPA and technology in support of the $1BN financing of the largest US offshore wind project (Vineyard Wind)
- Researched and ranked potential Asian, North-American and Middle-Eastern investors and renewable developers for capital raise pitches, including BNPP relationship clients
- Provided inputs for the debt capacity model to the Acquisition Finance team
- Selectively filtered a strategic targets list for the client taking into consideration strategy, geography and size criteria
- Performed comparable analysis to show relative value among the targets
Streamlined the CSR process through VBA automation and reduced overdue CSR reviews by 90% in 10 months
Trained a new associate on processes and industry knowledge, including return modeling and Allocation Committee Memos
Commodity Trade Finance Intern
BNP Paribas Switzerland
Geneva - Switzerland
BNP Paribas is a leading global banking institution. I integrated the Specialized Trade Solutions Product Plateform (STS PP) in Aprils 2017 to work on various projects related to commodity trade finance.
- Designed and implemented new reporting and pricing tools for the Commodity Trade Finance Product Platform
Contributed to transverse projects management for the Product Platform
Provided operating support to Account Managers and Account Executives
Investment Risk & Performance Intern
Pictet Wealth Management
Geneva - Switzerland
Pictet Wealth Management is a leading Swiss private bank based in Geneva. The Investment Risk & Performance team is responsible for monitoring both aggregated and individual exposures of portfolios managed by the bank.
Designed an automated fixed income monitoring tools at the firm level using R and VBA
- Improved the performance of a VBA reporting tool used by the team (decreased runtime from 30 minutes to 7 seconds)
Designed an VBA monitoring tool dedicated to a highly specialised management team within Pictet Wealth Management
Lean Engineering Intern
Bernard Controls China
Beijing (北京) - China
Bernard Controls is a French group producing servomotors for a broad range of applications, including energy, water systems and industry. I had the opportunity to integrate the Beijing based subsidiary of the group for a six months internship.
Implementation of the Lean principles in the company:
- Definition of the milestones of the project
- Definition of the project management tools
- Definition of the project management tools
Project review with the department managers
- Harmonization of the Lean philosophy of the company with the headquarters in France
- Implementation of JIT with a supplier
R&D Engineering Intern
Cluses - France
The CTDEC (Bar Turning Technical Center) was a French public entity focused on providing technical expertise and research to companies (mostly SMEs) in the bar turning industry. As of 2019, the CTDEC's missions have been transferred to the CTIM (Mechanical Industry Technical Center).
Performed reseearch on characterization of burr formation in cutting operations
Designed a measure bench for industrial applications of the research findings and produced two prototypes
Passed the Level III of the CFA in June 2017
Passed all three levels in three years
Master in Mechanical Engineering
University of Portsmouth
MSc in Advanced Manufacturing Technology
MSc in Accounting, Control and Finance